Cavemaster: The Unofficial Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official (and Semi-Official) Additional Rules Discussion

2 posters

Go down

Official (and Semi-Official) Additional Rules Discussion Empty Official (and Semi-Official) Additional Rules Discussion

Post by Roach Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 am

Psyckosama wrote:By Jeff Dee

Here's an odd notion. If you really want to, you can play Cavemaster with dice. Instead of splitting stones between your hands, roll 1d2-1 per stone (for a result of 0 or 1 per die). Total up the points you rolled, and that's your result.
(...)
Comments?

Sounds a lot like Ubiquity or the ancient Prince Valiant Storytelling System to me - instead of d2-1 they use coins and count only heads, or dice and count only those showing an even number. In the end, the results are identical.

The thing my players like about the Habilis system is the moment of bluff involved - do I go all-out, or remain conservative? Which hand do I choose? That kind of things.

Roach

http://www.roachware.org

Back to top Go down

Official (and Semi-Official) Additional Rules Discussion Empty Official (and Semi-Official) Additional Rules Discussion

Post by Psyckosama Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 am

Roach wrote:
Psyckosama wrote:By Jeff Dee

Here's an odd notion. If you really want to, you can play Cavemaster with dice. Instead of splitting stones between your hands, roll 1d2-1 per stone (for a result of 0 or 1 per die). Total up the points you rolled, and that's your result.
(...)
Comments?

Sounds a lot like Ubiquity or the ancient Prince Valiant Storytelling System to me - instead of d2-1 they use coins and count only heads, or dice and count only those showing an even number. In the end, the results are identical.

The thing my players like about the Habilis system is the moment of bluff involved - do I go all-out, or remain conservative? Which hand do I choose? That kind of things.

I know, and I personally like using stones for live play, but it is useful for when you're playing online.

BTW, split the topic to keep the official supplementary rules thread just rules.

Psyckosama

Back to top Go down